Quote of the week: "There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." -Nike

This is not my photo, but it's pretty none the less.
This morning, while visiting my dad, I ran my final long training run - 22 miles!!! Dad watched the kids while I awoke at 6 a.m. and hit the rode at 6:30. It was great to run around my old stomping grounds. My final time was 3:15.53! I am VERY happy with this time and hope, hope, hope I can run this pace on race day. The final 3 miles were painful. My legs hurt from toes to hips. I honestly can not imagine how I am going to run 4 more miles on race day! Just the thought makes my legs start to ache again! However, from what I have read and have been told, the next few weeks of tapering are meant for leg rest and repair which should have a very positive impact on race day. Thanks again for all the support! I continue to hold the TOP fundraiser position at $2,676!!! So AWESOME!!!
1 comment:
You are amazing, Kirsten. Keep up the great work! Your Mom is with you, always.
Post a Comment