Saturday, September 3, 2011

Experimentation Week

Quote of the week: "To me, the real test of one's character isn't defined by completing the marathon on race day, but rather by having the self-discipline and dedication to commit, sacrifice, and endure the months of training required to complete such an event."
I was at work this week attending back-to-school teacher meetings. This meant it was time to get back on a regular working schedule. My running partner, Leigh, is also a teacher so we decided to experiment this week with waking up early before work and getting our daily run out of the way and leaving our evenings open for family time. So on Tuesday morning, my alarm clock annoyingly went off at 4:45 a.m. "Ugh!" That was my first thought followed by repetitive motions of hitting the snooze button. However, the thought of Leigh outside waiting for me in the dark convinced me to get up and get going! We did this for 3 days straight and it turned out to not be so bad. Yes, the alarm clock sucks, but within moments of getting out of bed I was fine. And...being at work all day knowing that my run was already complete gave me an extra bounce in my step! So, the verdict came in and we will be continuing our early morning runs. Think of me each day when the rooster crows! On another note, race day is only 6 weeks away!!! This week was a recovery week so my longest run was just 13 miles. Next Saturday I will be running 20 miles. My fundraising is now over $2,400 and I continue to hold the top fundraiser position!!! My eyes are still set on the $3,000 mark. Thanks again to all of my supporters!!!

1 comment:

Liza said...

You go girl! I am SOO proud of you. Enjoy this week. I will be thinking of our boys headed off to kdg...wishing they were together! Soak it all up. Miss you!