Sunday, September 18, 2011

WOW!

I returned home today after spending the weekend with my sorority sisters in Saugatuck for our 14th annual Girls' Weekend. We had a great time (as always) catching up while shopping, eating, and even running. I am always amazed at how the 12 of us girls can go a full year without seeing each other, but then start right where we left off the last time. It is a truly special gift to have so many terrific girlfriends. While there, I kept up with my marathon training with runs Saturday and Sunday mornings. It was refreshing to have new territory to cover and I always enjoy running by the lake. When I returned home just a few hours ago, a package was waiting for me: My first thought, "It's from Uncle Tom. Hmmmm? What could it be. He already gave me my birthday gift." You never really know what Uncle Tom is up to. It could be a gag gift of some sort for AC, or State Farm memorabilia for the kids, or just a surprise he found somewhere and thought of you. So, I grabbed my scissor and tore in to it finding a note:
Kirsten,
We are all very proud
of you and what you are
doing. These shirts are
my way to let you know
how special you are to
me and the respect
and admiration I have
for you.
Uncle Tom

The tears began forming in my eyes as I read the note, not at all prepared for what I was about to see:
WOW!!! Totally did not EXPECT this! How he pulled this one off is beyond me! I dried my tears and went to show AC. His response... "Oh, yeah. I know." What!?!? So, I ran over to Tracy's house to show her... "Yeah, I know." What?!?! Next stop, Leigh's house. Her response, "Oh, you got the shirts." What?!?! Who doesn't know!?!? So... all I can say now is THANK YOU UNCLE TOM!!! I LOVE YOU and RESPECT and ADMIRE you too!!! Oh, and thanks for the added pressure:-)
Quote of the week: "Every day is a good day when you run." -Kevin Nelson

No comments: