
Russell, Sloane, and I just returned from a weekend visiting my dad in Gladwin. Aron had a golf outing so I decided it would be a perfect weekend to head north for some relaxation in my hometown. While there, Russell spent Saturday with my dad, brother, uncle, and grandfather at the family hunting cabin near Higgins Lake. This was Russell's first official "hunting trip." When he arrived back at my dad's house last night, he ran into the house and announced, "I got to shoot a real gun! Great Papa let me shoot his gun and I have the shells!" He was literally bubbling over with excitement!!! I glanced at my dad with the facial expression of, "is he for real???" Yep, he was for real! My 5-year-old shot a real gun (with help from adults of course)! Russell then told me that Great Papa said to "blame it on Uncle Keith." As for Sloane and I, we had a very leisurely day around Gladwin including play time in the basement, a walk to the sandwich shop for lunch, 2 play times at the park, and lots of game time... she whipped me at Old Maid and Go Fish! While at the park, 3 ducks followed us along the path begging for food. When we went back that evening, Sloane was looking for the ducks, but they were nowhere to be seen. She looked at me and said, "We can't see the ducks, but Grammy can. She can see anything she wants from Heaven." I told her that she was correct and then she asked, "What does she have, some sort of crystal ball or something up there?" I cracked up and said, "Yeah, something like that." Another cute story happened while Sloane was driving the Barbie jeep around the block. She kept stopping to talk on her play phone. After several phone conversations, she turned to find me and said, "I called Jesus Mommy. I asked him if Grammy was all better now. You don't have to worry anymore. Jesus said Grammy is all better." My response, "That is wonderful news, Sloane!" My heart ached a lot while in Gladwin, but I love being there and feeling Mom's presence surrounding me. I know that her crystal ball was keeping a very close eye on all of us this weekend!
1 comment:
So sweet! Hugs to you! Missing you lots! Keep up the good work with your running...AGAIN....so impressed!
Post a Comment