Only 14 days left and I have my first injury. THANKFULLY, it is minor (I hope). When I was out running an easy 3 miler on Wednesday morning, I felt a pull in my left calf. I finished the run, stretched, and iced. By Thursday morning I felt pretty good so I headed out for another easy run. About a mile into the run, I felt pain in my calf. I finished the run, but was limping by the end. So...as frustrating as it is, I have been following the R.I.C.E rule every since. Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation! I have been instructed to take 5 days off so I won't be hitting the road again until Wednesday. Arrrggghhh!!! You would think I would find this extra time to myself enjoyable, but I have decided that I truly LOVE to run! However, I must admit sleeping in today felt pretty darn good!!! I can NOT believe that I have completed 18 weeks of training and only have 2 more to go! Can you say EXCITED?!?!?!?!
I found this picture online and had to share it. This is a satellite view of Belle Isle which is part of the marathon route! I hear that it will most likely be the toughest stretch both mentally and physically. I am hoping for nice scenery to keep my mind occupied.

Quote of the week: "In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that." -Fred Lebow, New York City Marathon co-founder
No comments:
Post a Comment