Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Our Summer Goodbye to the U.P.

The kids and I just returned from our final U.P. visit of the summer. It is always hard to say goodbye to the cottage. I don't know why each summer goes by faster than the one before?!?! We were blessed with more nice weather allowing the kids to continue their adventures in the lake. Aron and I are very grateful for my dad agreeing to watch the kids while we spent 3 nights on Mackinac Island with our best friends. He thankfully had lots of help from ALL of my relatives. The kids had a marvelous time entertaining (and tiring out) everyone! Aron and I were so excited to spend time with our friends Gregg, Allison, Steve, and Heidi. We could not ask for better friends or better family!!!


Russell decided that he LOVES to wash dishes and told me he will do it everyday. How long do you think this will this last???

The kids discovered the canoe this week. Russell used it as one of his "star wars ships."
Sloane enjoyed taking rides with Papa.

My adventurous boy turns everything into make believe. I love it!!!

I lucked out and was able to catch a complimentary ferry ride under the Mackinac bridge prior to heading to the island!

What an awesome view of the bridge!

Right underneath it! Can you see the cars driving over? So cool!!!

Once on the island, I took a run and then relaxed my sore feet in the sun. Ahhhh... so nice!

Our friends arrive! Allison and Gregg came all the way from Nashville!!! Gregg was the best man in our wedding. Steve and Heidi came from Plymouth. Steve was one of our groomsmen and Heidi was my maid of honor. None of them had been back to the island since our wedding! We had a GREAT time! More pictures to come later.

Back at the cottage in time to enjoy one last sunset!

No comments: