Saturday, August 13, 2011

Anyone Want to Try an Ice Bath?

Quote of the week: "Pain in temporary; Pride lasts forever."
According to an article in Runner's World, "Ice baths are one of the most effective ways to offset the damage done on a run." So...what did I do after my 15-mile-run this morning? You got it! I sat for 15 minutes in an ice bath! I have only done this one other time when a friend suggested I try it after my 1/2 marathon in Nashville. It worked great so I thought why not try it again. My hopes are that tomorrow morning I will be pain free! My 15 miles were great and I finished in 2 hours and 18 minutes. Not my best pace, but not bad either. I did have to stop for cars at a few intersections so I am guessing I could subtract up to 3 minutes for those stops which would land me at my goal time of 2:15.

No comments: