Training... This past week was a recovery week - which was sooooo nice! My total weekly mileage was just under 30 miles. Now my legs are rested up for a challenging week of running ahead. On Saturday, I will be doing an 18 mile long run. I am NERVOUS!!! I have never run farther than 15.5 miles so 18 will be interesting. I try to save up all my worrying for Saturdays so that I have plenty to think about while running for 2+ hours! Have I mentioned how great running is for stress?
As for fundraising... I have now raised over $2,200 in my fight against cancer! On Saturday I received a package from the American Cancer Society. Inside I found a card thanking me for my efforts in fighting cancer and congratulating me on being the current top fundraiser for Detroit's Team DetermiNation! The package was a goodie bag of surprises including a hat, water bottle, backpack, and several wristbands. When I signed up for this, I worried about meeting my $1,000 goal. Once I reached that mark, I thought, "I hope I can raise $2,000." Now all I can think about is, "how can I get to $3,000?" Thank you to EVERYONE who has supported me on this running journey and helping not only in fighting this awful disease, but also keeping my mom's memory alive!
Quote of the week: "Running long and hard is an ideal antidepressant, since it's hard to run and feel sorry for yourself at the same time."
No comments:
Post a Comment