Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Blowing Off the Dust

Well, it's that time of year. I headed back to school last week to start the process of getting ready for another school year. I am switching schools AGAIN so last week meant a lot of packing, unpacking, and organizing! My new school is actually a school I was at previously so it is nice to see some old friends. Everyone has been very welcoming. Seven of my previous students will be moving with me, so I will have lots of familiar faces in the classroom as well. Additionally, Russell will be attending kindergarten at my school! Yeah!!! It will be so nice to have more time with him. His classroom is right across the hall. I keep threatening him that if he gets into trouble, all his teacher has to do is yell across the hall to me. Sloane is quite jealous that Russell gets to come to work with me everyday, but with AC having been laid off from work 2 weeks ago, that means Sloane will be having a LOT of daddy time! I told him he should open a "Daddy Daycare," but I don't think that is the career path he had in mind. We are praying that the right job will come along soon for him! Both kids joined me at school yesterday. They love to play and help out there. Wow! Where has the summer gone?!?!

No comments: