Tonight was Russell's graduation from his kindergarten classroom at our beloved daycare center, Grace Christian Learning Center. By the end of the night, the parents and teachers were all in tears. It is amazing to see the growth in these kids! Most of them have been together since they were infants. Last night after explaining to Russell what "graduation" meant, he broke into tears. "But Mom, I don't want to go to a different school! I want to stay at Grace Christian! I don't want new friends." I was shocked by his emotion. I thought he would be excited to go to a "big kid" school - especially considering that he will be going to my school next year! Then I thought about what his mind must be thinking. These are the kids that have ALWAYS been there! These are the teachers that have ALWAYS been there! We are truly, truly blessed by such an amazing place for our children to be. I took so many photos and had a hard time selecting which ones to post. Here you go...
Brendan, Russell, and Jordan

Singing God's praises!

Singing their little hearts out!!!

Each child received a bible from Ms. Rita, the owner of GCLC. What a special gift! Russell couldn't wait to get home and start reading it. I cracked up because while I was reading, he would interrupt me to tell me how the story would end. He knows SO much about the bible!

Russell read his list of why he loves school. Top on his list - playing in the gym - he is ALL boy!

Sloane kept busy with her school buddy, Olivia. Check out Sloane's black eye! Another child ran into her on the playground. Let's just hope the bruise is gone by her dance recital next week!

Russell also received an achievement medal! So proud!!!

Cute kids!!!
I took this photo last week. Ms. Hollis and Ms. Smyly, Russell's AMAZING teachers!
No comments:
Post a Comment