Friday, June 17, 2011

Dance, Dance, Dance!

Whewww! What a week!!! This was not only my last week of school, but it was also the week of Sloane's first dance recital! We had 3 days in a row of DANCE, DANCE, DANCE! I raced out of work, grabbed Sloane from daycare, threw some dinner at her, then did a quick routine of hair and make-up, followed by a mad dash to rehearsals and performances!!! At times I swore my head was literally spinning around. I also felt like I was on an episode of Toddlers and Tiaras!!! After this week, I don't know how or why anyone would want to put themselves or their child through that craziness!!! On the upside - Sloane was a doll! She was so excited for her BIG night and she did fabulous! My dad and Aron's mom came for the show. We had front row tickets which made it even more fun. When Sloane's class came out on stage, she yelled, "Hi Mommy!" I loved it!!! We were not allowed to take photos during the performances, but here are some I took before and after.


Dress rehearsal night.

What a doll - note the black eye :-)

Sloane and Sadie! Dance and Daycare buddies!
For the BIG show on Thursday night, I took Sloane to see Morgan to get her hair done!

Resting before show time!

All done! Sadie and Sloane were most excited to get their flowers.

It was always a tradition to go out for ice cream after my own dance recitals so we decided to keep up the tradition for Sloane.

Back at home - 10:00 p.m. The night is finally over.


No comments: