Sunday, June 14, 2009

No More Meetings, No More Books, No More Students' Dirty Looks!

School is out! School is OUT! SCHOOL IS OUT!!! I have one week to try to relax and catch up on things around the house before I start commuting two days a week to Grand Rapids for grad school. I am dreading the thought of all the work and driving, but am trying my best to stay positive. Aron was out of town again this weekend so it was just me, Mac, and the kids! I decided to put off my to-do list and instead dove into all the fun of having two little ones. Over the last month I have been so stressed with end of the school year "stuff" that I haven't really been enjoying motherhood as much as I should be. So...this weekend it was ALL about Russell and Sloane. Needless to say we had a BLAST!!! We spent our days playing outside, going to the park, and running in the sprinkler. Both Friday and Saturday nights after the kids were bathed and in their PJ's, I plopped them in the double jogger and went for glorious runs! The kids loved it and barely uttered a word. We called these our pajama runs. Here are some pictures to tell you more about our fun and relaxing weekend. Now I have to get ready for a week of cleaning, laundry, and reading (my thesis research is beginning to collect dust). UGH!

Fun in the sandbox (AKA the pirate ship)!


Sprinkler Excitement!
I caved and bought the kids squirt guns. It was a four-pack so Aron and I can play defense. The kids and I had so much fun chasing each other around the backyard!

Mac LOVES to chase bubbles! He would chase them all day if we would let him. Sloane is usually the one working the bubble machine and therefore has become Mac's best friend!

Both Russell and Sloane are into learning letters, singing the ABC's, and reading books. They spent much of Saturday morning placing magnetic letters around the house.

Sunday morning, Sloane wanted to play dress-up. She happily pranced around the house wearing her princess dress and princess light-up shoes.

1 comment:

Liza said...

Enjoy this week and your time with the kids. I look forward to meeting up with you....even if it has to be on the premise of "school work". You continue to amaze me since you keep up with your blogging so well. Sounds like you are quite the runner. You should join Lisa and I to run the half marathon in G.R. this October. I ran 7.7 today. I think I like running long distances better than writing the thesis! UGG! Love ya