We had another lovely weekend! Aron was out of town Friday & Saturday and I threw a baby shower for my best friend, Heidi, on Saturday. Aron's mom came to town for the weekend to help out with the kids. It was great to have her here!!! The kids were spoiled by her attention and I was able to enjoy a wonderful Saturday with my girlfriends. I ended up staying over at Heidi's house. We stayed up late watching hockey, enjoying girl talk, and I indulged in a glass of wine...sorry Heidi, you can have some soon...only 7 more weeks until Baby Whirley makes an entrance :-) And since I know Heidi is one of my blog fans and will be reading this... I LOVE YOU HEIDI! You are the BEST FRIEND a girl could have!!! I can't wait to meet that little one!
Sloane and Grammy Carlson playing baby dolls.

Today started out rainy and cool, but by the time the kids woke up from their naps it was HOT! We grilled up some chicken & veggie kabobs for dinner and played outside until bath time. While Aron was trying to water the landscaping, the kids took off running straight for the hose! Before Aron and I could blink, both kids were drenched in water, laughing and screaming the entire time. Sloane kept repeating, "I all wet Mommy, I all wet." I asked Russell how he felt thinking he would say cold, but his reply was, "I feel happy, playing in the water!" I just love these unplanned events. At 7:30, I stripped the kids down naked and sent them in the house for a warm bath. They giggled all the way in!
At first, Russell tried to get the hose away from Aron, but we quickly realized that this was NOT a good idea!

I wish I would have recorded the laughing and screaming going on throughout all of this. Neighbors had to come outside to find out what all the commotion was about.
Russell was absolutely SOAKED and he loved every minute of it!
We finally reigned them in by convincing them to wash their hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment