Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Fun

It was a busy week beginning with a fun visit from Papa Carlson and Bevie. They brought us a delicious dinner and dessert, yummmmm!!! The kids loved spending time with them. Unfortunately, Sloane was recovering from hand, foot, & mouth virus (yuck) so she wasn't the best company! My mom came to town on Monday to watch Sloane so I didn't have to miss more work. I love having retired parents!!! Sloane was happy and healthy by Thursday so we were able to go ahead with our Halloween plans.

After a hectic Halloween day at school, I came home to prepare for our 3rd annual neighborhood Halloween party and to dress my little cowboy and cowgirl. All the families came to our house for pizza and pictures followed by a group trick-or-treating walk. This was the first year that the children really understood trick-or-treating. It was so adorable to watch a half dozen little ones run up the sidewalks and yell "TRICK-OR-TREAT" then politely hold out their pumpkins. Sloane was a doll keeping up with the older children. She was determined NOT to be picked up and to carry her OWN pumpkin even when it was nearly dragging her down from the weight of all the candy! Upon returning to our home, Russell chose Scooby snacks from his pumpkin and Sloane chose a mini sucker. We have now hid the candy in hopes they have forgotten about it while Aron and I are secretly sneaking our favorites :-) Aron's mom also came into town for the festivities so the kids are enjoying lots of love and hugs from Grammy Carlson and I am enjoying having another pair of hands to help out!!!
Our little cowgirl!
Practicing "TRICK-OR-TREAT!"
Watch out! There is a new sheriff in town!
Pizza, pizza, pizza!!!

Heading home with my 20 pound pumpkin!!!

1 comment:

Liza said...

Stinking adorable! Glad you had fun. I hope you are able to relax and reflect on Russel's birthday. Isn't it such a joy to have a little guy around! You are blessed to have one of each and such different personalities, how great! Thanks for the pics. I love checking in on you. Shoot me an email. I lost your work address. MIss you much