Friday, October 24, 2008

Pumpkin Carving!

Tonight we pulled up our sleeves and dug into two perfect pumpkins hoping to create the BEST jack-o-lanterns on Altadena Avenue!!! Russell was a wonderful boss...he told us exactly what to do, but wanted NO part of sticking his hands into the guts and pulling out the seeds. Sloane on the other hand, was practically head over heels inside the pumpkin!!! Both kids were tuckered out by the time we finished digging out the seeds so Aron and I had to finish up the carving ourselves. This went from family fun night, to complete COMPETITION of who could carve the better pumpkin! So check out the pics below and decide for yourself who has the better jack-o-lantern. But...just so you all know...I had to finish Aron's for him because he gave up after almost slaughtering the eyes :-) HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL!!!

Aron's jack-o-lantern

Kirsten's jack-o-lantern

Sloane loved every minute of the slimy stuff!

Russell was the best foreman!

BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Very Cute Kirsten! The kids are absolutely adorable! Looks like you guys had fun! Tim and I ended up finishing ours as well!

Liza said...

I called Ella and Carter over to vote on your pumpkins. Elle liked Aron's and Carter liked yours best. So in the spirit of voting season--those are the Moorlag family votes! I love how you have two very different kiddos. Doesn't it offer a good balance for the family?? Have a great weekend. I always love your posts.