Saturday, October 18, 2008

Weekend in Grand Rapids

This post is a little late...our hard drive crashed last week so we have been out of a computer for a week. I did not realize how much we depended on this little piece of technology! It is good to have it back. Unfortunately we had to get a whole new hard drive and lost EVERYTHING on the old (pictures, work plans, music, etc...) Oh, well! Thus is life.

Anyway...last weekend we spent a glorious two days back in our old area of Grand Rapids!!! The kids spent the weekend with my parents and grandparents at my grandma and grandpa's beautiful home and property in Middleville. Russell fed the rooster, caught frogs, and rode Great Papa's golf cart. Sloane enjoyed following her brother around and playing with cousin Katie. Aron and I went back to GVSU to celebrate Homecoming with our college friends. It was wonderful to see the old gang!!! I was also fortunate enough to run into some old co-workers. I loved catching up with everyone. Aron and I love GR and always look forward to our annual Homecoming trip!!!

Here are some cute pics of the kids enjoying time with their great grandparents!!!

Sloane looking for frogs in the pond with Great Gramma.

Russell telling me about the deer he saw while riding with Great Papa through the woods.

1 comment:

Liza said...

Got your message and was concerned. I hope everything turned out ok. Wish I would have had what you needed just to connect with you personally. So thankful that we do this blogging to keep connected.