Read, Relax, Rejuvenate! Our neighborhood elementary school has these words posted on their sign out in front. Every time I drive by it I think about how much I hope my students are doing exactly that...reading! It is such an important element in a child's life and education. Aron and I spend a lot of time modeling and trying to get the excitement of reading into Russell and Sloane's daily lives. We read stories before bedtime, we visit the library, and we have a bookshelf stocked with books. Sloane currently prefers board books with flaps to see pictures underneath while Russell adores all Curious George books. Thankfully our public library offers a huge array of Curious George books and when my mom retired from teaching she gave Russell her Curious George collection! I am also so blessed to have actually read four novels this summer along with my parenting books and magazines. It has been such a restful summer. As the season comes to an end, I am excited about my upcoming school year and hopeful that my students also rejuvenated their minds with books!!!
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Read, Relax, Rejuvenate!
Read, Relax, Rejuvenate! Our neighborhood elementary school has these words posted on their sign out in front. Every time I drive by it I think about how much I hope my students are doing exactly that...reading! It is such an important element in a child's life and education. Aron and I spend a lot of time modeling and trying to get the excitement of reading into Russell and Sloane's daily lives. We read stories before bedtime, we visit the library, and we have a bookshelf stocked with books. Sloane currently prefers board books with flaps to see pictures underneath while Russell adores all Curious George books. Thankfully our public library offers a huge array of Curious George books and when my mom retired from teaching she gave Russell her Curious George collection! I am also so blessed to have actually read four novels this summer along with my parenting books and magazines. It has been such a restful summer. As the season comes to an end, I am excited about my upcoming school year and hopeful that my students also rejuvenated their minds with books!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment