Sunday, August 10, 2008

11th Annual Wilcox Family Reunion


We just returned from an exciting day at the annual Wilcox Family Reunion! It is always hosted by my Uncle Tom and Aunt Marilyn at their beautiful home in Crystal, Mi. They have a marvelous pool that the children LOVE to swim in, but would you believe that it wasn't even 70 degrees today!!! So Russell and Sloane did not get their feet wet. Russell asked several times to swim in "Katie's pool" but I was able to persuade him into other adventures. He ended up happily following Papa around helping him and Daddy win the corn hole tournament. Unfortunately, they came in 2nd to Uncle Keith and Cousin Travis. AC was extremely disappointed (especially since Keith and Travis had no problem rubbing their championship win in his face)! Sloane kept busy collecting rocks from the driveway, sharing snacks with relatives, and playing with Cousin Katie's kitchen set. For those of you that were with us today... YES, we made it home with the kitchen set fully intact and attached to the rear end of our SUV!!! Thank you Katie for giving us such wonderful hand-me-down toys and thank you Uncle Tom and Aunt Marilyn for another amazing day at your home (and in your pole barn)!

1 comment:

Liza said...

Yeah Kirsten,
You rock! Isn't it fun to start blogging. I am so glad you are doing it so I can keep up to date with you and your kids. Who, are by the way, absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I haven't seen picts of Sloane since birth. Looks like you are having a great summer. You look fantastic as well. I am praying we can connect soon. Miss you so much.