Sunday, September 29, 2013

September Came and September Went!

It is hard to believe the last day of September is tomorrow!  The start of a new school year is always a complete blur to me.  It doesn't seem to matter how long I've been teaching.  The first month of school is tough!  And "tough" is an understatement!!!  After a few weeks of questioning my career choice and even debating other career options, I'm happy to report I am once again loving my job.  My mom always told me to give each school year a six week adjustment period, but this year I had a hard time remembering her knowledgeable advice.  After only four weeks in, I walked out of school Friday feeling pretty darn good!  As for Russell and Sloane...  They have made the transition into a new school year without skipping a beat.  It makes the week much smoother when your children are happy to go to school every day!  And, it's also nice when your children attend the same school as mom!  Here are some pictures to tell our September story...
September began with a Labor Day bash at Uncle Keith's!  Russell spent a LOT of time shooting his BB gun with Papa.
Sloane and Mac enjoyed rides around the property in the Razor with Daddy.
Hanging in Mom's classroom on the first day of school.  Sloane began 1st grade.
Russell began 2nd grade.
With the start of a new school year brings the start of a new dance season.  Sloane chose ballet this year.
She picked out a new leotard and tutu.  Pretty in purple!
Russell is once again playing for the Pirates soccer team.  He loves playing defense and goalie.
Action shot!  Sloane is also playing soccer, but I haven't captured any photos yet. 
The first of many trips to the cider mill.  We are lucky that so many fun orchards are close to our school.  We drive by this one everyday.  No donut shortage in our home!
After two weeks of school, I was ready for my annual Girls' Weekend!  This year 11 of us headed up to Traverse City for a wine tour.  This was the first of 6 wineries we visited.
I think this was winery number 3.
And this was winery number 6.  What fun day!!!  I LOVE these girls!!!  Sisters forever!
After four weeks of school I was ready for a race!  I drove to west Michigan and ran the Holland Park-to-Park half-marathon with two of my dear friends.  It was a warm and sunny day along Lake Michigan.

September is over, but the fun is not!  Lots of adventures ahead for the Carlson Crew in October!!!

No comments: