Thursday, August 22, 2013

Third Annual Couples' Retreat

We definitely know how to end summer in style!  For the past three years, we have gone on a couples' weekend with our best friends Steve, Heidi, Gregg, and Allison.  It was Steve and Heidi's turn to plan the trip this year and they chose an adventure to the east coast.  We flew out to Boston last week for 5 days of east coast fun!  We rented an adorable beach house in the small coastal town of Scituate, MA.  This place was magnificent!!!  We spent each day traveling to nearby areas and exploring the territory.  We then returned each evening to this quaint and peaceful home.  On our last day, we packed up and headed to Boston where we enjoyed city life and stayed in a gorgeous downtown hotel.   As for next year...  It's Aron and my turn to plan.   Hmmmm....  Suggestions???
Beach house is Scituate, MA
Our view from the deck.  Breathtaking!
Our first night was home cooked lobster that were purchases straight from the fisherman in Scituate.
Aron was in love with this 2.5 lb lobster!
I woke to the sound of the ocean and the fresh breeze through our windows.  I pulled on my running clothes and headed out for a peaceful morning jog along the bay of Scituate.  Love, love, love!
A day on Nantucket Island.  I must, must, must get back to this beautiful island!!!  So much to see and do there.
Aron and I on Nantucket at sunset.
A visit to Newport, RI.  What a fun coastal town.  We parked right by this beautiful building then spent the day walking, shopping, eating, and drinking.  I could definitely spend more time here!
Our last night in Scituate.  After the  most fabulous dinner, Steve ordered one of every dessert on the menu.  DELICIOUS!!!
A day in Boston.  Heidi and I walked 5 miles to see the site of the Boston Marathon Bombing.
Our hotel was not far from this historic building - the site of the Boston Massacre.
Having drinks along the Boston harbor.
Our boys!  We definitely lived it up on our last night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just got caught up with your blog. What a great trip!! That's awesome that you walked over to the Boston finish. I've always wanted to see it but now it holds even more meaning. You guys packed a lot in to a few days. Fun!