Saturday, September 15, 2012

My Angel

Today while running a 20-mile training run, my running partner noticed this little gold angel in the road.  It had been driven over and was quite battered, but I couldn't resist picking it up.  Here I was at mile 16 of a very long run.  I was tired, sore, and completely depending on my DetermiNation to keep going.  This little gold angel may be worthless, but to me it was exactly what I needed!  I held tightly to "my" angel for the remainder of my run and knew without a doubt that Mom was with me.  She is always with me.  I finished my 20-miler in 2 hours and 49 minutes.  Six minutes faster then last week and an 8:28 minute pace!!!  I think some wings were helping!!!

2012 Detroit Free Press Talmer Bank Marathon - Detroit, MI | DetermiNation

1 comment:

LB said...

Your Mom always knew when the time was right!