
I haven't posted much about my next running goal, but now is the time. Most of you are aware that I have joined with the American Cancer Society again and will be running the Detroit full marathon as part of team DetermiNation. I learned a lot last year from running my first marathon. I have trained differently this summer. By differently, I mean harder. I have added speed training and hill training as well as longer distances and more mileage to my weekly runs. Today I ran 20 miles at 6:00 a.m. in the rain. How was it? Fabulous! Don't get me wrong... Hearing the alarm clock go off at 5:30 on a Saturday morning isn't exactly delightful. Once I rolled out of bed and laced up my sneakers, my mind was pretty much where it needed to be. I finished my 20 miles in 2 hours and 55 minutes - an 8:45 minute pace (for those that care). For me, this is great! I am right on track to accomplish some personal goals on October 21st. BUT... my number one goal is to KICK CANCER'S ASS!!! Yep! I said it... I want to KICK ASS! My running goals are something only I can accomplish. However, my cancer goal is something I need your help with. Please, please, consider donating any amount towards my efforts to end cancer. I do this for my mom. I lover her, miss her, and cry for her almost every day. Running while fighting cancer is something small to help me ease my pain, but with your help we can ease the pain of all those fighting this awful disease. Thank you to everyone who has supported my efforts!!!
2012 Detroit Free Press Talmer Bank Marathon - Detroit, MI | DetermiNation
No comments:
Post a Comment