Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Fun

I can feel it, I can hear it, I can see it...  Summer is almost here!!!  We have 13 days of school left and I couldn't be more excited.  After a fun-filled Memorial Day weekend, I am itching to have my days free to enjoy the sunshine with my two favorite kiddos!  We spent two of our days with my family.  It is always nice to be surrounded by those you love.  Russell and Sloane were spoiled with attention by everyone.  They played games with Katie, wrestled with Uncle Keith, fished with Papa and Cindy, explored with Great Papa, and so, so, sooooo much more!!!  At bedtime Saturday night Sloane said, "Geez Louise! I am spoiled!"  Yes, ma'am you sure are!!!  I too find comfort in the familiarity of home.  It is peaceful to be in a place that brings me such wonderful memories of Mom.  We finished our weekend in Royal Oak, enjoying the tradition of parades and backyard picnics.  Thank you to all the men and women who have and still are fighting for our freedom!!! 
Some of the neighborhood gang waiting for the parade to start.
Casey and Sloane - too cute!
Zeke and Russell - buddies!
The kids couldn't wait to make snow cones with the new snow cone machine from Uncle Tom and Aunt Marilyn.  Nothing better than snow cones on a 94 degree Memorial Day!

No comments: