Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Diva 1/2 Marathon

What a FUN weekend!!!  I spent the past weekend with two of my college sorority sisters, Sarah and Maria, in Myrtle Beach.  We ran the Diva 1/2 Marathon and it was a BLAST!!!  I plan on signing up for next year ASAP!  Besides having wonderful weather and relaxing girl time, I set a new PR for the 1/2 marathon.  I finished in 1:55.18 and I couldn't be more pleased.  Check out some of our fun!
Pasta dinner the night before our race.

Pre-race photo.  We were up at 4:45 a.m. and ready to go!!!

Post race celebration!  We were awarded medals by local firemen (some were shirtless), and handed roses, champagne, tiaras, and boas!  What a fun end to a terrific run!!!

Back at the hotel soaking up sun, relaxing our legs, and sipping frozen cocktails!  Mmmm...  I do love a pool side bar!!!

No comments: