Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Race

I was planning on running the Nashville 1/2 Marathon on April 30th however, my training has been extremely sporadic and not up to my standards. With being out-of-town for most of February and March and going through a major family event that has caused my spirits to be less than enthusiastic (to say the least), running has not been a top priority. When Aron told me the other night that he wanted me to go ahead with the Nashville race, I laughed! Ha, right! Run 13 miles in under 2 hours, no way! His remarks were, "The race does not have to be about time, it needs to be about fun. You NEED to have fun!" Again...Ha! Well, that night after a slow 5 mile jog, my wonderful running partner and amazing friend, Leigh shared this video with me. My realization... Aron is right! Nashville is not about "the race." It is about rising up to the challenges life has recently planted in front of me. Nashville will be "fun!" So... Watch out Nashville, here I come!!!

1 comment:

Liza said...

Tears.....I am so proud of you! You will do it. I love you and wish I could knock on your door with warm chocolate chip cookies after tucking our darlings in bed. Love ya! Keep training.