I am thankful for so many things, but lately I can not thank my children enough for all the zillions of smiles they bring to me! Last week Sloane woke up from nap asking to make "M&M cookies." I have never made this type of cookie before so after a quick Internet search I found the perfect recipe and we began whipping up a delicious batch of "M&M cookies." Both kids found these cookies pleasureful to their taste buds, but after two cookies a piece I told them it was time to head outside for some exercise. Russell quickly responded, "and then we can have more cookies?" I replied, "yes, but now it's time to go outside and get some exercise." Well...Russell took my words quite literally. All I meant was to go outside, ride your bike, run around the yard, kick the soccer ball, all normal everyday activities in our backyard. When I went to the back window to check on the kids, Russell was in the middle of our driveway doing push-ups! His face was so serious. The hysterical part of the entire story is that on this particular 90 degree day, he had chosen to wear head-to-toe camouflage!!! I about wet myself laughing while imagining the neighbors walking by wondering what kind of boot camp I was running during my summer off! Needless to say, Russell did earn himself a 3rd and 4th cookie!!! I unfortunately do not have pictures from this event, but here are a few other photos to pass on.
Aron has a friend who lives on Lake Orion so yesterday we went over and enjoyed a beautiful day on the lake!
Russell tried out a new activity on the inner tube!
As always, both kids were little fishes!
We got new furniture last week and Mac is thoroughly enjoying nap time on the new sofa!

No comments:
Post a Comment