Sunday, May 9, 2010

It's Over!

What a weekend!!! I have lots to say, but we just got home and I am EXHAUSTED!!! Overall, the Riverbank Run was so much more than I could have ever imagined! It was one of the best experiences I've had! I finished at 2:17:49 which I am pleased with. I wanted to be under 2:20 with a pace under 9 minute miles. I DID IT!!! What is even more rewarding is that I did in 39 degrees (29 with the wind chill) and wind gusts reaching 26 miles per hour along with a spitting rain! Here are a few pictures to tell my story...

My wonderful, supporting husband! We stayed downtown GR so I could walk right out to the starting line. We were on the 12th floor and could watch all the excitement from our window.
Liza and I getting ready to head out to the starting line. We were so pumped and ready to fight the wind, rain, and cold!
6 miles done and I was hot... so I quickly passed off my jacket to my dad!
15.5 miles later. We are finished!!!

Here we are with two members of our cheering squad, Lisa and Julie. I love you guys!
My cheering squad at the half-way point! My parents and kids were troopers while toughing out the cold weather in order to cheer me on! Thanks Mom and Dad!!!

1 comment:

Liza said...

You rock! I just love the pics...except the one that looks like I am checking to make sure my butt is still intact. :) This was one of those memories I will FOREVER cherish and I am so tickled we did it together. I have only "after" pictures and have been buried in IEPs and boys with double ear infections. Love you!