Monday, May 3, 2010

5 Days Til Race Day!!!

Well, the end is near! I completed my final "long" run last night. I attempted it early Saturday morning, but after 5 miles into the run I got caught in a thunder storm. Thankfully I was with Leigh so we decided to hang out in a stranger's open garage and then sprinted to her parents' home where we caught a ride home. I was completely drenched! My shoes are still drying out. We were able to get the run done last night (in the rain, but no lightening) and I feel as ready as I can be for the 25K. I don't know if I will ever do another, but overall the training experience has been wonderful! I think back to those cold, dark, and snowy winter nights and think, "WOW! I did it!" So...Grand Rapids, here I come!!!

Racing teaches us to challenge ourselves.
It teaches us to push beyond where we thought we could go.
It helps us to find out what we are made of.
This is what we do.
This is what it's all about.
~Patti Sue Plumer, U.S. Olympian

1 comment:

Liza said...

Here we go! Yeah! This is going to be fun. Don't worry about the shoes drying, they'll be soaked in no time.