The decision making begins and the love for books continues!
Friday, March 26, 2010
March is Reading Month!
March is reading month so that means a LOT of fun has been happening at my school. My students have been reading books galore in hopes of meeting our classroom goal of 100 books read and winning the prize of top reader. I am happy to report that we reached our goal after only two weeks. I am so proud of my students! To end our fun month of events, the school is having a book fair. I promised Russell and Sloane that I would take them to "Mommy's school" to shop for books and play. So today was the day...I picked them up and headed back to school for some book shopping. I told them that they could each pick out two books. They took this job very seriously! They studied each book on every shelf before deciding on their top two choices. Sloane was first to pick a hardcover Disney Princess' All That Glitters book and a Strawberry Shortcake Berry Fairytale book. Russell was intent on finding a Ben 10 book. I had NO idea what this was??? I guess a friend of his had one at school??? Well lucky for him, he found what he was looking for along with a Star Wars Hero book. Afterward the two kids played for over an hour in my classroom and then rode home without uttering a single word while they read their new books. It was so sweet and another memory that I am engraving into my already crowded memory lane!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment