Monday, August 10, 2009

Family Fun All Across Michigan!

First off I have to brag... I AM DONE WITH MY THESIS!!! YEAH!!! I turned it in last Tuesday and have been enjoying summer vacation ever since!!!

The kids and I went "camping" in our backyard. Russell helped put up the tent with me and then we had snack and rested with our blankies and stuffed animals. This was a hit. The next step will be a real camping trip. Maybe this fall...
We headed back to Lake Michigan on Friday to enjoy time with Aron's extended family. His cousins from Naples were visiting as well as his cousins from Seattle. So we enjoyed the beach while the kids got to know their cousins.
Cousin Jake and Russell - Russell looks up to Jake like most boys do Superman!
Sloane with cousin Addie - As soon as we arrived, Sloane asked "where's Addie?" She was very anxious to spend time with her older cousin!
Another walk on the shore of Lake Michigan
Cousins Ben and Soren showed Russell how to jump off the pavilion into the sand below. Russell thought this was really cool!!!
On Sunday, we left the west side of Michigan and made the three hour drive north east to Carson City where we enjoyed the annual Wilcox Family Reunion located at my aunt and uncle's house. Thankfully they have a beautiful pool because it was a HOT day!!! The kids had a ball playing with more cousins and splashing in the pool.
Fun in the pool at The Wilcox Family Reunion!
Russell with cousin Nolan - they became fast buddies!
Cousin Katie and Sloane cooling off. Katie is our life saver at family events. She is always willing to lend a hand and keep her eyes on the kids for us!
"Fishing" for prizes - Russell caught a race car and bubbles while Sloane hooked pom poms and sidewalk chalk!
Russell, Aron, and my dad reflecting on their bean bag toss championship! Aron and my dad came in 1st place this year at the annual tournament!
Tomorrow we head north to my parents' cottage in the upper peninsula. I have been looking forward to this ALL SUMMER!!! More fun pictures to come...

1 comment:

Liza said...

Glad to see you are soaking up all the fun you have deserved! I am still giggling about the end to our evening. OH. MY. WORD! Still--never as funny to retell as it was in real time. Enjoy your time at the cottage. Looks like you should have some great weather. MISS you so much. I ache for the good old days sometimes. :)