Friday, August 28, 2009

Back to School and All Grown Up!

Ringing bells, sharpened pencils, shiny new shoes, filled up backpacks, and giggles heard all over the halls. It’s that time of year again! I have been a busy bee trying to get my classroom all prepped for the 2009 – 2010 school year. As I rush to prepare, Russell and Sloane have been getting acclimated back at daycare 3 days this week. They joined me on Tuesday at my school where they had fun exploring every square foot of my classroom and schoolyard playground. However, the biggest event of the week happened at home today. My baby girl is no longer a baby. We took down her crib and put up a “big girl bed!” Can I say A-DOR-A-BLE!!! While she was out of the house, I quickly put together her bed and rearranged her bedroom. She is thrilled (to say the least)! This time of year is always bitter sweet. I hate to say goodbye to Russell and Sloane each morning, but I am so excited at the thought of another terrific school year. I truly LOVE my job! I cannot believe it will be my 11th year of teaching…time sure flies!!!

Russell had fun on my school playground's rock climbing wall.

Sloane enjoyed swinging on the monkey bars.

Sloane quickly curled up on her new bed while Russell grabbed a book to "read to her."

All smiles on her "big girl bed!"

1 comment:

Liza said...

so fun! I am sad she's not in the crib anymore. I might just keep Christian in his for_EVER! You are so yippy skippy to get back to greatschool! I love it! I hope it's great. MIss you. Have a great bday!