Friday, April 3, 2009

Russell's Easter Musical

Last night we went to Russell's preschool Easter musical. He was so excited to wear his "musical" clothes! He practically inhaled his dinner and flew to his bedroom to start putting on his dress shirt and tie. After he was all dressed, he stood in front of the full length mirror so tall and proud. He said, "I look like Daddy!" I tried to get a good picture of him, but he was too excited to stand still long enough for me to catch the perfect shot.

This is Russell and his best friend William. They are only 1 day apart in age and have been together since they began walking. The two of them cause some major double trouble at times, but they love each other. I can't believe what strong friendships form at such a young age. The crazy thing is...William is related to my close friend Andrea who lives in Grand Rapids. We did not find this out until about a year ago. What a small world!!!
Sloane sat as patiently as she could waiting for Russell to perform. I think she actually sang and danced more than him. Prior to the start of the show, Ms. Rita, the daycare owner led the audience in prayer. After everyone said "Amen," Sloane announced her own happy tune, "AayMEN!" Everyone around us giggled!
Russell sat great with his friends during the program, but never uttered a word of song. This is strange for the boy who rarely leaves his guitar more than a few feet away at all times. Aron says it's because a true musician sings from the heart not for the audience :-)

1 comment:

Liza said...

You've been so good about keeping up with the blog. I have not. Russell is such a handsome little man. Glad to hear it went well. I am hoping to snap a couple of good pics of the kids this weekend. What are the chances any turn out with all three??? MIss you. Did you sign up for class yet? Hoping your Spring break is a good-snow free one!