Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring Break!

I had the past week off for spring break. It was so wonderful to have the entire week to enjoy the kids. I would love to say that I got caught up on house work and checked everything off my to do list, but I did not! Instead I slept in (if you can call 8:00 sleeping in), played outside with the kids, visited my parents, went to the zoo, took some long jogs, indulged in extra yoga classes, and wore pajamas a LOT!!! We even had an impromptu party at our house Saturday with some friends after enjoying a warm day at the zoo. It was nice to end the week with adult conversation (and margaritas)!

Here are a slew of pictures from our spring break week :-)

Playing at the "beach"! Gotta love their imaginations!

A visit to Grammy and Papa's! My dad fixed my cousin's old Barbie jeep so the kids had a ball driving it around my parents' neighborhood! They were way too adorable!!!

My brother and his girlfriend brought Sloane an early birthday present...a Dora bicycle. Sloane was too excited to take it for a test drive that my dad couldn't even finish putting it together! She has taken it for a ride EVERY day! What a great gift!!!

My parents gave Russell a "kid friendly" weed wacker. He has been using it to help Aron with the spring yard work. Don't you love the "safari" outfit that Russell chooses to wear!

Fun at our neighborhood park!

First trip of the season to Dairy Queen...yummy!

We had a wonderful day at the zoo! It was packed due to the gorgeous weather. The kids were most excited to see the gorillas and monkeys. I am so anxious for summer!!!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Cute pics Kirsten....they are both getting so big. Sloan is looking so grown up!!! I think it is that her hair is getting longer :) Looks like you guys had fun at "the beach". :)

Liza said...

So glad it was a fun week for all. Happy Birthday to Sloane! I look forward to seeing pictures of the big girl. Looking forward to seeing you soon. I am going to the class at GVSU this week...I am assuming you are not. I will let you know if anything BIG is covered. I am dreading this project and wish it to be over ASAP. The only bonus about all this is that I will see you.Miss you. Call soon if you get a chance.