Only a mother would take pictures at a dentist office!!! Yesterday, Russell had his first dental cleaning with Uncle Keith (my brother is a dentist for those that don't know). I have been prepping Russell for weeks with stories and role playing about going to the dentist. He has been very excited to see "Unc Keith's office." On our drive there, I reminded him about the special chair and big light that would shine into his mouth. He assured me that he was ready. I think I was more nervous about the visit than he was. Upon arrival, Russell was tight lipped while meeting the office ladies but then Mary, the dental hygienist, took him into her room and let him ride the chair and look at the special tools. Russell is really into tools so this perked his interest quite a bit. Mary then gave him cool sunglasses to wear - this too interested him! Russell was great! He followed directions and sat nice. Mary did laugh however at how talkative he was. Even while his mouth was full of tools, he was speaking to her in full sentences!!! What a kid!!! He walked away with a new toothbrush, floss, and plenty of stickers. The best part...NO cavities! 





1 comment:
Love the new updates to your blog. Looks great! ONly a mother would...take pics at the dentist! Carter will have his 1st appt this summer. YIKES! Good thing getting his hair cut is going better, I can liken the importance of sitting still a few more months! Hope you had a great break.
Post a Comment