Russell and Sloane began their Valentine's celebration a day early at daycare. They each enjoyed a party within their classroom where they played games, shared Valentine cards, and tasted yummy treats! When I arrived to pick them up Friday afternoon, they were both grinning from ear-to-ear and eager to show me their treat bags. Ever since, they have been re-opening every single card and asking Aron and I to read their friends' names. It is so cute! Sloane becomes so excited when you say a friend's name. It's as if she is thinking, "how do you know who that is from?" She squeals and repeats each name as you say them. Russell is quick to find all the "boy" cards and pushes away anything pink or princessy.
We enjoyed Valentine's day at home on Saturday. When I handed Russell his card from Aron and I, his response was, "Oh, wow! Thanks Mom! Thanks Dad! Wow!" All this over a card! I guess there was no need to get them each a new book and music CD. We did however enjoy Russell's Imagination Movers CD. Saturday evening we blasted the tunes in Russell's room and created our own family band. Russell on drums, Sloane on saxophone, Daddy on keyboard, and Mommy on guitar! We were completely outfitted with sunglasses and all! What a hoot!!!
I hope you all enjoyed Valentine's Day as much as we did! Spread the LOVE around! God Bless!
The kids enjoyed opening Valentine gifts from Grammy and Papa!



1 comment:
What a perfect way to spend the evening! You guys always have so much fun as a family! I hope our kids can get together to play sometime. However, I would NEVER give Carter a set of drums in his room! YIKES! You are so brave!
Post a Comment