Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mother Goose Lives On

Russell loves nursery rhymes. Over the last few days, he has requested for me to read to him from the Mother Goose Nursery Rhyme book. It takes several minutes to get through the shortest rhyme due to Russell's curiosity. He questions EVERYTHING! His questions are adorable, but at times I am not quite sure how to answer them. I thought I would share a few of his thoughts:

There Was An Old Women Who Lived In A Shoe:
You can't live in a shoe. It would hurt. Where is the bread? Why is it all gone?

Humpty Dumpty:
Why did he crack? Why did he sit on a wall? Eggs don't sit on walls. Eggs crack then you have dinosaurs.

Rub-a-Dub-Dub:
Why are the men in a tub? There's no room. You can't have bread and candles in a there.

Rock-a-Bye Baby:
Mary lost her baby? The bad guys put the baby in the tree. The baby will fall. Baby needs to find Mary. Where's Mary?

Hope these thoughts from a 3-year-old make you smile like I did!

No comments: