Sunday, January 18, 2009

Weekend Fun at Grammy and Papa's!

Friday morning I woke to a phone call letting me know that school was cancelled due to extremely cold temperatures. We were already scheduled to have Monday off for MLK day so, I packed up the kids and headed north to visit my parents. What better thing is there to do when you are blessed with an unexpected four-day weekend!!! Since Aron did not have the days off, he stayed home to catch up on work and house cleaning :-) The kids and I had a blast with my family. We even got to meet my brother's new girlfriend!!! I can't say that I was any good at impressing her though... While making dinner, I spilled the entire pan of chicken Parmesan on the kitchen floor!!! I about died!!! Thankfully, everyone laughed it off and we were able to salvage the meal. Needless to say, I was happy to drink a glass of wine with dinner!

Russell and Sloane had a ball playing in my parents' basement/playroom. Russell put the Arthur stuffed animal on his back and took him for a ride to the park.

Sloane fed her babies using my old toy high chair that I played with as a little girl.

The kids were all over Papa the entire weekend! Here they are snuggling him after bath.

Sloane tried to sneak into bed with Russell. They were so precious!

Jump, jump, jump! The new toy was a HIT!!!

Sloane is now a fan of Go Diego Go!!!

1 comment:

Liza said...

What a great way to spend the cold weekend. So cute! Christian has the same pjs as Russell. I wish we could get the kids together! Enjoy your day off tomorrow. We have inservice..urgg. My parents are coming down to watch the kids for the whole day. Lots of good gran and gramp time! Miss you