Friday, December 19, 2008

SNOW DAY!!!

Yippee!!! Our first snow day and it's not even January!!! I woke up to the phone at 4:45 a.m. with our school system's voice recording letting me know not to report to school...YES!!! I was excited to go back to bed and enjoy the day with my family. Aron stayed home too so we began our day with bacon, toast, and clementines (peeled by Russell - he is becoming quite a good helper). By 10:00 Russell was ready to go outside into the beautiful snow. We decided to all venture out into the white stuff. Burr!!! It was fun and deep and STILL coming down heavily. We came in for lunch and then the kids were wiped out and ready for naps. I must admit I settled down on the couch for some quiet time too. I didn't catch a nap, but I was able to get some things ready for the upcoming holidays. I hope everyone has stayed warm and safe during this Michigan snow storm!!!

Russell had a blast shoveling, climbing,
and jumping through the snow!

Sloane was a bit timid. I can't blame her considering the depth of the snow and the wind whipping in your face.

Sloane livened up once Aron had a nice path shoveled to walk on.
We went next door to retrieve Mac from the neighbor's yard and then Russell and Antonio had to get some playtime in! They are quite the pair. Neither boy wanted to go inside. We had to pry them out of the snow!!!

After putting Sloane down for a nap, I began talking to Russell. After getting no response to my questions, I went looking for him. He was sound to sleep on the family room couch. It is amazing what a little fresh air can do to you!!!

No comments: