Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cozy Weekend At Home

This weekend we were all feeling a bit under the weather. It began with Sloane who had the stomach flu in the night on Tuesday. We thought it was only a 24 hour bug and sent her back to daycare only to have her get sick again Thursday night. Russell was next on Saturday. He is such a happy-go-lucky kid that it didn't keep him down. On Saturday night I began feeling ill and headed to bed early. Aron woke up Sunday feeling horrible. So...with a lot of help from the t.v. (thank you Wiggles and Cailou) Aron and I took turns getting off the couch only to deal with the major sibling rivalries and to feed them of course. Both kids seem to be past it (just tired and grouchy)! Thanks to the delicious fruit my Grandma Sleeper sent, I think we have all had extra vitamins this weekend to get us ready for another week. The oranges and apples are already gone (yummmm)! I have never been so ready to see Monday come! Despite the chaos this weekend, I was able to get Christmas cards addressed and presents wrapped. I also snapped a few pictures Saturday evening when the kids were dressed in Santa pj's and hanging out around the Christmas tree. They are going to be so much fun on Christmas morning!!!

Cudddling together.

After a few broken ornaments, I think they finally know how to be gentle with the tree.

"Are those presents under there for me???"

"What do you mean they're for Grammy and Papa???"

2 comments:

Liza said...

Precious, precious! Glad to see they are enjoying all the festivities. They look so snuggly in their cozy jams. Hope you are feeling better. I finally have our little buzzards tucked in and can't manage to post our pics from Chicago. Will try another, more rested night. Take care and enjoy this season, it is so magical for the kids!

Brandi said...

Cute pics Kirsten! I had that flu too! So far I am the only one! Hope you are all feeling better soon!