Yesterday Aron and I took the kids to the Bass Pro Shop to visit Santa's Wonderland. It was a wonderful family outing. Russell was in Heaven seeing all the boats, fishing gear, hunting guns, quads, and animals!!! He was thrilled to talk with Santa. Upon arrival to Santa's Wonderland we were about 5th in line waiting to see Santa. Russell happily waved and shouted, "Hi Santa, Hi Santa!" When we told him that we had to wait our turn and he needed to think about what he was going to ask Santa for, he began rambling off a list of items. It was hilarious!!! When Russell's turn was up, he ran to Santa and announced, "I want a rescue pack, please!" Sloane on the other hand was having NO part of Santa. She watched and waited politely, but when we attempted to put her on Santa's lap she completely flipped out. We were so preoccupied with trying to calm her down that I forgot to snap a picture of the melt-down on Santa's lap. Luckily the store photographer snapped one that I can put in our photo album. Here are some pictures of Russell enjoying the outing. Sloane enjoyed it too (once Santa was out of sight), but she pretty much stayed in the stroller and just went along for the ride. The Bass Pro Shop is a man's sanctuary for sure!!!
"I want a rescue pack like Diego, please!"
Merry Christmas!
Remote control cars are always a hit with Russell!
Needless to say I was less than thrilled to see my 3-year-old learning how to hunt, but what can I say...it runs in the family :-)
This enormous creature (an elk, I think) had a sign under it stating that it was harvested by a man in Gladwin, Michigan.
Sloane enjoyed the sights.
Here she was watching the train sets going by.


Sloane was whipped by the time we left. She fell asleep before we were out of the parking lot. What a fun place to take the kids!!! (And MEN)!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment