Sunday, February 23, 2014

Hollywood Studios

We went to Hollywood Studios on our last full day in Florida.  Our day began a little rough.  Russell had the stomach flu one week earlier just before we left for Florida.  We thought it was a 24 hour bug since the vomiting only lasted a day.  However, all week in Florida he seemed a little off.  I tried not to worry and he kept saying he was fine, but I knew something wasn't quite right.  Well, Friday morning I woke everyone up early because this was the day Russell had been waiting for - Jedi Training day!!!  In order to secure a spot in training camp, you had to be in line and waiting when the park opened at 9:00 a.m.  When Russell woke up, he instantly said he did not feel well and had a stomach ache.  He however did not want to miss Jedi Training so we headed to our shuttle bus at 8:00 a.m.  Things went from bad to worse quickly.  Russell vomited several times before making it to the shuttle.  I did not know what to do!?!  The right thing would be to turn around and tuck your baby in bed with a bucket next to him.  BUT... then he would miss the ONE thing he wanted to do and had been dreaming about for TWO years!  So...Aron and I made the snap decision to go anyway with plastic bags in hand (just in case).  Luckily (and thank God) Russell was not sick again and was able to secure his training spot.  He had a BLAST!  We took it easy most of the morning and kept our day short.  Russell was back to the resort by early afternoon and in bed by 7:00 p.m.  What a day!!!
Family photo upon entering Hollywood Studios
Russell designed his own droid.
Star Wars EVERYWHERE!
Entering the Star Tours ride.  It was fabulous!  We traveled with C3PO through space where we encountered many troubles, but ended with a safe landing back on Earth.
While Russell trained to become a Jedi, Sloane had her face painted.
Jedi Training Academy - This was so much fun to watch!
The young Padawans had to conquer Darth Vader
Russell preparing his light saber.
Practicing his moves.
Let the battle begin.  Russell volunteered to go first.
Big kid and little kid designing and building their own light sabers.
I forgot to mention earlier the 2nd reason Russell HAD to go to Hollywood Studios - the Indiana Jones stunt show!  We had front row seats for this 30 minute stunt production.  Aron volunteered to be an extra and was chosen.  Check him out in the center.  Russell loved every minute of this show and was completely jealous when Indy shook Aron's hand.  It was fun for us all!
Meeting Phineas and Ferb.
Russell was excited to meet Sorcerer Mickey.  He chose to wait in line for this picture.
Fun!  Fun!  Fun!  Toy Story Mania!  Thankfully we had a fast pass for this ride since it had a 2 hour wait!!!  I would have loved to repeat this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome!! I can tell from your pictures why it's called the happiest place on earth. It looks like a magical vacation that you will reminisce about forever. It so great to see your vision of this trip come to fruition. I'm so happy for you guys.