When choosing our accommodations for this trip over 8 months ago, I had a very difficult decision to make. I knew I wanted to stay on Disney property, but WHERE??? The resorts are all unique and offer many different options for rooms, dining, transportation, swimming, and activities. They also vary hugely in price (which was my key factor). After talking with many friends who have stayed on property, I decided to go with a Disney value resort. Although the amenities aren't quite as extensive as the pricier options, how often would we really be in our room? Well I can happily report, we truly enjoyed our stay at the All Star Movie Resort! The room was average, but the main pool was huge and the decor was 100% kid friendly! We were in our room to sleep and that was about it. We spent all of our free time at the pool or in the arcade and cafeteria. We never waited more than 5 minutes for a shuttle to the parks and the staff was outstanding. The kids especially enjoyed the poolside entertainment and nightly movie under the stars. Aron and I enjoyed the poolside bar:-) Here are some fun pics taken around the resort.
 |
| We walked by Daisy and Donald everyday to get to the pool. |
 |
| The resort is divided into sections: Toy Story, 101 Dalmatians, The Mighty Ducks, Fantasia, and Herbie the Love Bug. We were able to choose which section we wanted. At first, I thought we'd pick Toy Story since that is the movie the kids are most familiar with. Then Aron suggested a less familiar movie might mean a quieter room. So, we opted for Herbie. The kids loved it!!! Now they keep asking to see the movie. And... our room location was extremely quiet. We literally woke to birds singing outside our window every morning. Bonus points for Aron's good thinking!!! |
 |
| Russell hanging out by Herbie. |
 |
| Fantasia Pool. It's hard to see how big this pool is, but it was enormous. We never had to look for chairs or a table. There was plenty of room for all. I took this picture in the morning before the pool was open. Can you see sorcerer Mickey spraying water? |
 |
| The kids did have to check out the Toy Story section. We have lots of pictures here. I don't have any of the other sections,but imagine HUGE Dalmatians and hockey gear. |
 |
| Sloane next to Woody. |
 |
| Under the Buzz blocks. |
 |
| Russell's turn. |
 |
| A game of checkers anyone? |
 |
| Can you see Russell at Buzz's feet? |
 |
| Woody's blocks. |
 |
| Rex the dinosaur. |
 |
| Bucket of soldiers. |
 |
| Out in front of the resort where we waited for our shuttles. Huge letters spelling ALL STAR MOVIES. Sloane was sure the S was for Sloane. |
 |
| And R for Russell. |
 |
| My two All Stars! |
 |
| Fun in the sun! We are ready for winter to be over!!! |
 |
| If we were not at a park, she was in a swim suit. She literally ran from the shuttle bus to our room, let herself in, changed, and danced her way to the pool. She swam into the night everyday and made friends with every little girl at our resort. Every time we were at the food court, I heard someone say "hey there's your friend from the pool." |
 |
| When not in the pool showing off his swimming technique, Russell was learning to play ping pong with Aron. He also enjoyed the arcade. |
No comments:
Post a Comment