On another cool day, the kids and I decided to hit the road for another adventure. This time we headed east towards Sault Ste Marie. We had so much fun exploring the town and watching ships go through the Soo Locks that we decided to grab a hotel room and stay for a 2nd day! With no bags packed, we ran into the local KMart and purchased some necessities on clearance and made our way to the Soo Locks Lodge. (Have I mentioned how I love the spontaneity of summer?) We had a blast swimming in the pool and staying up way too LATE! The next day we had a few more adventures in the Soo before heading back to the cottage. On our way back we took a short detour to visit Point Iroquois Lighthouse. One word... Amazing!
| Watching a ship approach the Soo Locks |
| At the top of the viewing station watching as the ship lowers and exits the Locks |
| Enjoying Valley Camp - this is a retired freighter that has been transformed into an awesome museum! Here the kids are in front of a life boat from the Edmund Fitzgerald. |
| So much information at Valley Camp. Russell kept repeating, "I'm so glad you brought me here. This is great. Thanks Mom." |
| Checking out another exhibit at Valley Camp |
| Here the kids are checking out another exhibit at Valley Camp that shows a map of the U.P. The kids wanted to find all the places we've been to. |
| The kids and I climbed the narrow, twisty steps all the way to the top. If you look close, you will see the freighter passing by in Lake Superior. |
No comments:
Post a Comment