Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Winter Blues

This time of year is difficult.  Beginning in January my mind wakes each day thinking about two years ago. Last week was particularly difficult since it was the two year mark since we brought Mom home from the hospital.  I've been edgy, short on patience, and down right blue!  Then I came across a quote that said something along the lines of, "No one can take your happiness.  You have to choose to give it away."  With that, I have been focusing my energy on a positive attitude and cherishing all of the special memories I have.  I also began training for my next 1/2 marathon in April.  The early morning runs and talks with my running partner is the best therapy!  In addition, a bonus day off due to a snow storm was just what the doctor ordered!  A little extra play time with my two favorite kids always makes me feel blessed.  So as winter winds down and the sunshine shines brighter, I will remember my mother's advice... "This too shall pass, Honey.  This too shall pass."

More pictures of our fun!
Our weekends continue to include Russell's wrestling tournaments.
I love watching Aron and Russell talk strategy.
Sloane and I stay busy between matches with lots of games.
Russell brought home another 3rd place medal.
Sloane celebrated the 100th day of kindergarten!
SNOW DAY!!!  This hill is a great workout!
Taking a rest after several back-to-back flights downhill.
Russell kept going even after a collision with another sledder.
Recouperating at Krispy Kreme.
There's nothing a little cocoa and a glazed donut can't fix!
After over an hour of shoveling and snowfort building, we enjoyed cocoa at home.

No comments: