Tuesday, February 19, 2013

EXCITEMENT!!! COMMITTMENT!!!

Aron and I have been debating whether to run the Chicago Marathon on October 13th.  After MUCH deliberation, we decided to take part in this once in a lifetime event!  Today was the big day.  Registration opened at 1:00 p.m. and thankfully I had the day off because (due to a high volume of users) it took 2 hours and 20 minutes to get us both registered!  Last year the race sold out in 6 days so I did not want to wait.  Aron and I have also managed to get some friends on board.  Aron's best friend Gregg has committed to the challenge, as well as my good friend Maria!  Not only will I be adding this to my marathon list, but I will again be teaming up with the American Cancer Society's Team DetermiNation to raise money in memory of my Mom and to support the efforts to end cancer.  So...once again, this summer will be filled with lots and lots of RUNNING!!!!!!

No comments: