I signed up Monday for the ACS team DetermiNation and almost instantly I was contacted by an ACS representative, Megan, as well as a running coach, Luke. I have never worked with a coach on my distance running (other than my awesome partner, Leigh) so I was a bit intimidated. Both Megan and Luke offered a huge amount of support and by Tuesday I received a thick packet in the mail containing my team running tank as well as a training packet. I was happy to see that I am right on target training wise. DetermiNation offers free coaching, clinics, and group runs. For now, I will continue to train alone but with consultation from Luke. I ran my weekly long run yesterday morning - 14 miles - and was pleased with my time and overall energy level. I have to give a little shout out for my love of GU Energy Gel!!! I tucked a few in my waistband and stashed some water bottles along my route. This was exactly what I needed to keep my energy and hydration level up. What's up for next week... 15 miles on Mackinac Island!!!

Quote of the Week: "Just remember - right, left, right, left...repeat."
No comments:
Post a Comment