What a wonderful weekend in Nashville!!! The 8 hour drive was beautiful. I love looking at the Kentucky countryside. Upon arriving into Tennessee, it didn't take me long to realize that the running course would be hilly! The first hill was almost immediate and they didn't stop until the end. I ran a great pace until mile 11 when my legs felt like bricks. My mind and heart were feeling great so I had to use a lot of self-talk to get my legs to carry me to the finish line. Aron was waiting for me at the end. It was exhilarating to see him and to realize that I DID IT, and I did it in 2 hours! A HUGE thank you to Gregg and Allison for hosting this fabulous event!
My stats:
Out of 21,944 runners, I placed 4,008!
Out of 2,447 women ages 30-34, I placed 309!
Out of 13,966 women, I placed 1, 509!
Not bad!!!!!!!!!
Here is our group while picking up our race packets on Friday.

Mom said that if she beat cancer, she may just have to run a marathon with me. Well, she may not have beat cancer, but I would like to believe that she ran this race with me! Just to be sure, I inked her onto my right knee.

7:00 a.m. race day. As the national anthem played, the sun broke through the clouds. "Yes, Mom I knew you were there!"

Another race over. This one however, will never be forgotten.

Gregg and I getting our free beer!

We all survived! Way to go team!
1 comment:
Oh my word girl! I am so proud of you. You are so amazing and inspiring. I LOVE you to pieces and am constantly in awe of what a truly amazing woman you are. Your mom was smiling on you for sure.
Post a Comment