Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blizzard 2011

I wanted to share a few pictures of our bizzardy day in Royal Oak! After I shoveled us out bright and early this morning, I got the kids dressed in their snow gear and we headed out for some fun! We went back out after dinner for some snowy fun in the dark. I thank God everyday for Russell and Sloane. This week has not been a good one for my family, but Russell and Sloane always seem to be able to brighten my days and bring a smile to my face. Here are a few funny quotes followed by pictures!

Setting - Dinner table Monday night
Sloane: When I am a mommy someday, I will have a job too.
Russell: What kind of a job will you have Sloanie?
Sloane: Oh, that's easy Russell. I will be a rock star.
Russell: You can't be a rock star. Only boys can be rock stars.

Setting - Aron walking inside after trying to fix the snow blower. He wreaked of gasoline.
Kirsten: You smell like my dad.
Russell: You smell like Uncle Keith's snowmobiles. I like that smell.
Kirsten: I guess the Sleeper men must smell like gas!

Setting - Arriving home from school and Sloane unpacks her things and holds up a small Michigan map that she made at school. While pointing to the U.P. she states...
Sloane: And this is our Upper Peninsula!
When telling this story to my dad, he was happy to know that Sloane already knows where "God's country is!"
Winter on Altadena Avenue
Not quite "God's Country," but pretty none the less!
Sure... now you get it fixed after I just spent 2 hours shoveling!
Fun in the snow!

1 comment:

Liza said...

Glad to kids are bringing you joy! You are in my thoughts this week. Sending lots of hugs!