This week it was Aron's turn to chaperon a field trip. Russell's class went to Yates Cider Mill where they learned and watched how cider is made. They also had the opportunity to ride ponies and feed animals. Aron enjoyed his time with Russell, especially considering the ordeal he went through to get there...
I received a panicked call at work from Aron telling me that he locked himself out of our house. He had no way of driving his car to meet Russell. So, I quickly grabbed someone to cover my class so I could make the 40 minute commute home to rescue him. After letting him in the house, I turned around and drove 40 minutes back to work. What a day!!! Needless to say we have returned our hidden key back to its intended spot!
Today we spent a fun-filled evening at Greenfield Village for their annual Halloween nights. The weather could not have been better! 64 degrees!!! Now that the kids are older, it is harder to keep up with them. They are so excited to catch all that is going on. The hit this year was Ronald McDonald. He stood at one of the trick-or-treat stations greeting all the kids with jokes. Russell and Sloane, along with all their friends, were full of giggles as Ronald McDonald happily teased them. Another fun stop was the Headless Horseman. Russell could have stayed their all night yelling at the be-headed man riding along on his horse with a sword in hand!
We have a lot more fun in store before October is over...stay tuned!
Russell drove the apple truck at Yates Cider Mill.
2 comments:
Love the pics....the kids are so lucky, they get to wear their costumes 2 times. So fun! I agree that October is a fun month. There is so much to do! I love fall...my fav time of year! Your new pic at the top of the blog is a great pic of your family!
Lots of fun going on for you. I love the costumes. How perfect for Sloane! Did she smell like strawberry jam too? Miss you tons. I thought of you tonight...while I was running for the 1st time in weeks. YIKES! I am not keeping up. Let's get a race on the calendar, to keep me honest!
Post a Comment