Sunday, October 17, 2010

Field Trips, Traditions, and...Running!

We are closing up another busy week for the Carlson family! I had the opportunity this week to chaperon Sloane's first pre-school field trip to the cider mill. It was a BLAST! Watching her interact with her friends and teachers was more adorable than words could ever possibly explain. She is a busy body and should have the nickname Miss Social!

On Saturday, Aron's Dad and wife Beverly came for a visit to help us with the family tradition of carving pumpkins! We had a great time designing, cutting, and taking pictures of our fun pumpkin creations. A huge thank you to Carl and Bev for all their help and treats!!!

Today, I ran to Canada and back...literally!!! I joined THOUSANDS of runners for the annual Detroit marathon & half-marathon. I chose the half-marathon and enjoyed every minute of my run, especially going over the Ambassador bridge into Canada. The sun was just rising as I was crossing over and I had the most beautiful view of autumn colors on the trees! I finished in 2 hours flat, hurried to my hotel for a quick shower, then headed back to the finish line to watch my running partner, Leigh, finish her first full marathon! It was awesome to be a spectator cheering her on as she finished successfully, qualifying herself for the Boston Marathon! Way to go Leigh!!!

Hayride fun on Sloane's first field trip!
My little animal lover enjoyed feeding the sheep.

Sadie and Sloane - Dancing buddies!
Pumpkin carving!
Digging out all the guts and seeds...Russell got into this part!
Sloane insisted on having a Strawberry Shortcake pumpkin???
Awwww...
Precious family memories with Papa and Bevie.
6:30 a.m., pre-race, NO make-up, and little sleep! But Leigh and I were ready to RUN!

1 comment:

Liza said...

So proud of you for keeping up with the running! What a great job you did! You motivate me to want to do this again! Way to do. As always, you look fab-u-lous! I miss you. Take care.
Hugs!